Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring Cleaning...

Do you ever have left over bits and pieces from previous projects? What am I talking about, we all do, right... Well I had this canvas that I had painted on and just really didn't like the outcome. It had been sitting around for YEARS in the closet making me sick everytime I saw it so I finally put it to use. I took some fabric I had laying around (leftover from another project...) and covered the exsisting paint. Now it's a completely blank canvas again! I also had a bunch of leftover letters of sorts from other various projects so I decided to turn to a favorite song of mine (Take This Bread by The Felice Brothers) and put some lyrics on it. After some paint and some glue, this is my outcome! (And I got to clean out my closet a wee bit!)


This next project was an attempt to dwindle my recycle/find a use for pile. I get a weekly ad from a certain chain pharamcy and it is insane how much paper they use... I stockpile junk mail like that to either recycle or use (for paper flowers, wrapping paper, ect.) and my pile was getting rather large. I had also been wanting some sort of yarn basket but didn't want to spend a lot of dollars on one. It finally dawned on me to put those ads to work! I took those ads and rolled them up into a sort of paper yarn and started spiraling and gluing. After much twisting and gluing I ended up with a pretty awesome basket. And for just the price of hot glue!

 


That's all for now, I'll post some more of these projects soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment