Monday, January 23, 2012

A Few Finished Products

I've finally gotten some projects finished and I'm so excited to share them with you!

The first is a crochet baby cocoon I made for my wonderfully handsome nephew as a Christmas gift. Yes, it was almost a month late but still he loves it! About a week before Christmas I saw a similar product on a photographer's website and simply fell in love with it. I knew I just had to make one for my nephew so I purchased some 100% cotton yarn and went to town. Now patterns are frustrating for me so I tend to just make it up as I go based on what it's looking like (which can mean fixing mistakes but I have no patients with patterns so it tends to be faster for me). When I got about half way I realized the thing was gigantic and the poor little man would be swimming in it so I went back and made it a little smaller. I got about half way again and realized again that it was still too big! I began going back down the previous path and unraveled down to make it smaller yet again. This time I started to get frustrated and I didn't even want to work on it because I knew I would continue to have to re-work everything. But every time I saw him I knew I wanted to finish it for him so I eventually finished it! I was able to give it to them this weekend and here's a picture of the little stinker enjoying it!  


This wreath is also a belated Christmas gift and she doesn't even know about it yet so hopefully she won't see this post! I just covered a wreath with satin yarn, made paper roses out of junk mail, painted some wooden letters, put it all together and this is what happened!



The last project that I'll be sharing with you tonight is this crochet rug made out of old t-shirts and fabric from the thrift store. I have made a few rugs similar to this using old bedsheets but this was my first with jersey knit fabric. The experience was much different because the fabric is way more flexible so you have to be careful to remember stretch factors. All in all, I think it works just fine!



Hope you enjoyed, more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment